Accu-Strut SOCOM Barrel strut for Ruger Minis
The manufacturer has been out of SOCOMs but our next shipment is expected 3/11/14.
Short barrel strut for Mini-14 and Mini-30 rifles. Provides mechanical rigidity for thin carbine barrel, potentially reducing accuracy-killing vibrations. The 4-inch single-clamp configuration gives a good compromise between performance and lightweight, compact design. Improvement varies with individual rifle. In some cases there is no noticeable improvement in accuracy.
The Socom model was developed for the new short-barrel tactical Minis now being offered. It will also serve customers who have Minis with standard long barrels but prefer a lighter, more compact design.
Shorter, single-clamp version for short tactical barrels or more compact application.
Also significantly aids in barrel over-heating problems, reduces load sensitivity, and enhances the appearance of your Mini.
Proprietary low-profile barrel clamp.
- Available in black oxide (“blued”) finish.
- Length: 4” The Socom, originally offered in a 5" length, is now produced in a length of 4". We do not have any 5" SOCOMS left in stock..
- Weight: 5.6 oz.
Socom (4") Model
Short "Tactical" model
Older straight-profile 9/16" barrel
New tapered 5/8" barrel
- Fits most short-barrel (16-1/8”) Mini-14 and Mini-30, including Tactical models, 2008 NRA models, and modified rifles.
- Will fit old-style Mini-30, but not the newer tapered ones (barrel diameter too large).
- Will fit full-length barrels, however accurizing effect may be less pronounced.
- 5" will not fit rifles with mid-barrel bayonet lugs (i.e. older GB models). The 4" will usually fit.
- Flangeless gasblocks: not recommended, as there is no rear attachment point.
- Will not fit on "Target" models due to the much larger barrels.
Harris bipod adaptor: strut sits forward a bit to accommodate "forks". May not be able to use the rear set-screws.
ASI Tuneable Gas Block: The Accu-strut will not work with this product due to interference with the adjustment screw.
Ultimak rail: Rear clamp must be shifted forward a bit to clear extended rail.
Amega Ranges rail: installs with no modification.
- Item #: ACCU-STRUT-SOCOM
- Manufacturer: ACCU-STRUT
- Manufacturer's Product Number: ACCU-STRUT-SOCOM
- Condition: New